Saturday, March 1, 2008

James Barbour Pleads Guilty to Endangering Welfare of a Minor

By: Brian Scott Lipton · Jan 3, 2008 · New York
James BarbourActor James Barbour has pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts of "endangering the welfare of a minor," in relation to an incident that happened with a 15-year-old female fan during the run of the 2001 Broadway musical Jane Eyre, according to the Associated Press. He is expected to receive a 60-day jail sentence and three years of probation on February 29.

Barbour originally pleaded not guilty to nine counts of engaging in criminal sexual abuse, sexual abuse, and endangering the welfare of a child. According to AP, Barbour has now admitted he sexually touched the girl when she visited him backstage and when she visited his apartment at a later date. He will not have to register as a sex offender, since the new charges are misdemeanors.

Barbour most recently appeared on stage in Florida in the world premiere of A Tale of Two Cities. His other Broadway credits include Assassins, Carousel, and Beauty and the Beast.

{As some of you know I have been taking a few days off after the death of my father. I had actually shed tears of shame today because I know that it is now impossible to live in a world where my name has been cleared"so to speak" in the eyes of my father.

My father was the ONLY one that was in my corner, due or die, thru my conviction and all the witch hunts that followed. It is true that he may have underestimated what I had done being naturally biased but that shrinks and pales in comparison to what Is now passing as justice in our country.

This man committed a very similar crime but because he had connections and a good Attorney he got a pass. This is not a letter to bitch and whine about his good luck this is an open letter for the doubters and haters to TAKE A LOOK at the DOUBLE STANDARD slapping you in the face.

If you cheer my pain I say "drink your fill" on my pain and despair and eat your pound of flesh.

I am one of those evil sex offenders and deserve any injustice that comes my way?

Fine, Just remember this!!

I am someones son. My father served his country defending the constitition that is now being shit upon. My father grew up in a country where people did not expect the "government" to be their babysitter.

My father grew up in a country where a man could make a mistake, was held accountable for that mistake, then was square with the house again.

Justice in our nation, now, more than ever comes down to who you know and how good Your Attorney is. What happened with the 15 year old girl back at his apartment? Who will speak for this "innocent child"? Will "Dateline" do a special?

Drink your fill on my pain and heartache just dont be suprised when the Gestapo comes knocking on your door one day soon because you drink and drive or are not a right wing christian or your a muslim or you have the bad genes.

Do not complain as you walk the plank onto the train to go off to the camp.

As with all great societies America is declining in fact it is dying but we are all to busy watching wrastling and nascar to see it

To the haters I say this!

I accept your hate and your venom but you can shove your sympathy up your ass.

It is honestly I that pity you}

No comments:

Lest We Never Forget

Lest We Never Forget
Liberty is Never Completely Free